Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fantasy Island

Post 81 Kauai Island

After my Maui’s experience, I was in for another pleasant surprise when my flight from Maui touched down at the international airport in Kauai Island.

The island of Kauai, Hawaii was one of the filming locations of the highly-rated made-for-television film Fantasy Island aired from 1978 to 1984. The enchanting island coastline of the opening scenes of my favourite TV-series almost 30 years ago was none other than that of Kauai, also known as the Garden of Isle. While feasting my eyes with the pristine and idyllic Kauai beaches and the dramatic natural beauty of the island, I thought I could hear Tattoo, played by Herve Villechaize, ringing the bell from the main bell tower, shouting," The plane! The plane!" with each arrival of new guests.

Besides letting my eyes not having enough of seeing, Kauai attractions also let my ears not having enough of hearing. The unique hula or luau is representative of the Hawaiian traditional music and dance, a creation by the Polynesians who first settled there.

You may want to try “Hangi” food which is cooked underground. It is a traditional meal of the island nations of New Zealand and the South Pacific.

8 February 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment