Tuesday, July 5, 2011

From a single digit to three digits

Post 100 Follow through on our plan

I attended a motivational course in the 1990s and what caught my attention was the story of ‘eating an elephant’. The facilitator told the class figuratively that it was impossible for anyone to finish eating an elephant within a day. However, it could be done by eating a small portion daily for a year. The moral of the lesson is that when we develop a plan and follow through it with sustained effort, we will succeed ultimately.

When I started writing this blog, I gave myself three years to do so weekly. There are 52 weeks a year and in three years there will be 156 blogs written. It may take two to three months extra to reach the figure due to the vacation taken in between writing. The beginning is always the most difficult. Now that my blog has reached 100, I have left the beginning far behind me.

One of the most common excuses we hear of nowadays is not having enough time. Time is what we make it out to be. When we put our priorities in life in a proper perspective, we can then use our time wisely. One must control the time and not the other way round.

When we have a plan for achieving our target and a deadline for its attainment, we need not lament over the lost opportunity by saying ‘I should have done that!’

5 July 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment