Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It is always a joy talking to children


Post 24 Lessons on decision making

A regular little mischief came to my house for a visit and gave me a riddle, which he might have heard from somewhere, to solve. “Uncle, if there are 10 birds resting on a tree, and five of them decide to fly away, how many birds will there be left on the tree?’ he asked me with a cheeky smile. I suspected that this preschooler had kept something up his sleeve. Nevertheless, I gave him the answer, “Five!”

“Wrong! Uncle, the answer is ‘10’. The five which had decided to fly away earlier changed their minds and did not do so. Ha! Ha! Ha! ”, and the little mischief looked at me and walked away triumphantly.

The boy has taught me lessons on decision making. People may have decided to agree with you on an issue but there is no guarantee that their decision will not be changed. Therefore, before one decides whether or not to enter into a deal or believe in someone, one must find out more about the sincerity, trustworthiness, and commitment of the other party. People who brag unblushingly may sometimes go back to their word.

15 December 2009

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...out the mouths of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength.....The Holy Bible

    ReplyDelete