Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It is time to take it slow

Post 119 Senior Citizens

My 70- year-old friend told me that he was in a great deal of pain again when he hurt his muscle in his back a few days ago. As compared to the previous injury, it was really bad this time. He had just put some fruits in the refrigerator, closed the door and turned to walk away when a crippling pain shot right across his lower back. Every step he took after that was agony. He jokingly said that the incident was the joy of old age, never a moment without some ailments tailing. Throughout the night he had to keep a hot water bottle on the affected area to ease the stabbing pain. This is all too familiar to senior citizens who are prone to injury.

As a senior citizen myself, I have learnt to take things at a slower pace. I have scaled down the number of things to be done each day so that I need not have to rush to finish the work. There is no point rushing for time and risk falling. Senior citizens must avoid slip and fall injuries at all cost. I have seen a few seniors who fell and fractured their brittle bones and had to be sidelined for active life.

Let the young ones do the running!

22 November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment